Lemon cake composed of
– a lemon biscuit,
– a lemon cream,
– a lemon mousse,
– a mirror icing.
– Rectangular pastry frame 20X10cm
– Angled spatula
Mirror glaze (the day before)
2 sheets of gelatine (4g)
45g white chocolate
30g unsweetened condensed milk
yellow food coloring
– Heat the sugar, water and glucose in a saucepan.
– Remove from the heat and add the gelatine, wrung out and softened.
– Pour this mixture over the melted chocolate. Stir well.
– Add the condensed milk, the yellow food coloring. Use a hand blender to mix the mixture and place it in the fridge.
– The next day, remove the cake from the freezer. Cover the surface of the cake with the frosting which has been cooled to 35°C. Leave in the fridge for a few minutes until the icing has set. Carefully remove the frame and cut 0.5 cm off each side of the cake, so that the layers are well defined. Cut out individual slices and leave to defrost in the fridge. I decorated with small meringues.